How to Join
Application to become a member of the Mayflower Society is made through your particular State organization, not the General Society of Mayflower Descendants in Massachusetts. If you think you may have "A Pilgrim In You", here's what you need to join:
Application Steps (Please read carefully.) (California Mayflower Society Members: Please follow these same steps if you want to apply for a supplemental line.)
- California Residents: Please visit the California Mayflower website and complete the inquiry form. (If you're not from California, please visit your State's Website for a review form.)
- Our State Historian will contact you and send you a Preliminary Review Form. DO NOT SEND SUPPORTIVE DOCUMENTATION OR ANY PROOF AT THIS TIME
- You will then be assigned to our Colony Membership Chair (CMC) with your form to review and determine if your line is plausible. No application fee is required at this time.
- If the CMC finds your line to be a possible to a passenger of the Mayflower, you will receive a “Preliminary Application for Membership” form via email for you to complete and provide sources for each generation.
- You will work directly with the CMC to insure that your documentation meets the guidelines required by the Society and they will meet with you to sign your application once it is ready to be sent to the State Historian for approval and finally sent to Plymouth for National approval.
- Please contact our Colony Membership Chair to help you further with your application and documentation.
- Approved applications from DAR and other societies will NOT be accepted as primary documentation by this society.
- When the CMC and State Historian finds your application to be fully documented your final application will require your signature and an application fee. That signed application will be sent to Plymouth for final review along with your documentation. Each State Society is an autonomous organization. If you live in California, you will apply to us for membership in the Mayflower Society. Refer to the State Societies page on the General Society website if you are applying from another state.